Labels

Friday, May 3, 2013

snowatonna

The wild dreamer part of me wonders if someday we will adopt a kid and find out he/she was born during Owatonna's May Day Blizzard of 2013. Kid, if you are out there somewhere, you are INCREDIBLY special!!! I can't wait to meet you.

Yesterday was so surreal. Sure, we got snow on May 1st and put hot chocolate in the May Day baskets we made, and Norah tasted the snow off the swing, sandbox, and slide (a mere three days after we were outside in swimsuits and cooking over the firepit). But in my five years of marriage, the snow has never stopped Brett from going to work - and that includes the crazy DC blizzard in 2010 - and on May 2nd he did try for five hours anyway, to no avail.

Instead of our usual work, we walked through 15" over to Brenda's, put together a puzzle, took pictures and marveled at the fallen branches, made snowcreatures, passed stories of green and gardens on to our children, laughed, went to the National Day of Prayer service, sang about alabaster cities, and ate waffles.

Brett and I went to bed last night thinking, "WOW. Don't want this day to ever end, it'll never come again."

This morning I woke up to more freshly falling snow. It's still a snowglobe out there as I type this, with my hot chocolate and cinnamon roll. Narnia, Groundhog Day, "Don't they know about second winter?" - all the jokes apply. I just revel like Hannah in 1Sam 1:27, " the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him," and I devote this snowy day to Him, as though it were my last.


No comments: